Wednesday, March 5, 2008

sick and disgusted

i don't know how many of you have seen the video of David Mortari (a US Marine), but what a sick bastard. you can hear the poor pup screaming as he throws it from the cliff, oh my...what an jerk! why would anyone do something like this! a small baby animal that is not doing anything but breathing and trying to live like any other living being on this planet. monstrosity! disgusting! i am not voting or endorsing anyone here but i did send a message to John McCain and the other presidential candidates because someone needs to please investigate the details of this atrocity and do something.

******UPDATE*****

this is the response from David Mortari according to his myspace page (75% sure it is really him)


A letter to everyone Category: Life
When my mom found out about the MySpace, she encouraged me to write this letter so here it is.
I would like to begin by saying I am whole heartedly sorry for what I did to that animal. No creature big or small, smart or dumb deserves to feel the way it did in its last moments. I've spent the majority of the day in the company of my superiors. The next few days are going to be very difficult for me but I am not asking for your sympathy.
The hardest part about this is the numerous threats that my family has received and this is what I feel the most awful for. Never did I think the events of that day would result in such heartache. My wife Jessica was especially hurt when she saw the video. The reason for that being that she is not only an animal lover but a dog owner. All I can say is I'm sorry and I love you Babe.
In the field life loses it's value when you see death every day. For those of you who are angry at me for laughing at the dog's death, you have a right to. I enjoyed it. I didn't think twice about it. Now I see the error in my ways.
I'd like to thank the numerous people who have understood what is going on and have offered their advice and their kind words in this difficult situation. And for the ones who are angry at me, you have a right to be. All I ask is that you leave my family out of this. What I did was my choice and my choice alone.
Finally, I want to state for the record, not blame the Corps for my actions. The Corps is a great organization and should not be held responsible for one individual.
Thank you everyone for taking the time to hear my side,-David Andrew Motari
6:54 PM - 26 Comments - 7 Kudos - Add Comment

No comments: